Friday, November 21, 2014

Varmit Campaign

What is a varmit?
According to Wikipedia: Vermin (colloquially varmint or varmit) are pests or nuisance animals, especially those that threaten human society by spreading diseases or destroying crops and livestock.

Destroying crops and livestock. Yep, that's what happens around here. There is always something just waiting in the wings to chow down on my hens, the chicks, the eggs, my garden or my tiny little orchard.
It is truly a wonder that we get any food at all off this little piece of land.

Here is a list of recent offenders:



I am not super excited to have a mountain lion creeping around the neighborhood, but he does make his presence known every couple of years. This year, I am hoping that he avoids the sheep/goats/chickens and really makes a feast of some of these pesky varmits. Then it will be a Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment