Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 4: Dinner

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a fancy, five course French dinner.
The Baker is a restaurant located in an old historic home, one of the oldest in this area. And the food was fantastic!



Our table was set so beautifully.


I had intended to photograph each course, but I forgot. So, here are the apps (called entrees) and the dessert (called dessert). I had goat cheese with maple sauce and greens, and my guy had smoked trout with risotto. They were both DELICIOUS!



For dessert I had a caramel cake with pears and mascarpone mousse and my guy had apple pie.



Now, you may not know this (and it may even surprise you to know it!), but my guy is a Master Chef junkie. He watches that show with devout commitment. So, when he sat down and started to read the menu, he didn't even make one little peep of a complaint. And when the waiter brought him that fancy little plated appetizer...no complaints. And, he even admitted that he liked it! And when the dessert came, with all of those little dots of sauce around the edge of the plate, my guy actually informed me that you are supposed to sorta swirl the bite of food around so that you can get all of the flavors in one bite. Well, wonders never cease!
Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot and Joe Bastianich are my new heroes!


2 comments:

  1. Haha! And they say TV is bad for the brain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and your guy!!

    ReplyDelete