Thursday, August 16, 2012

Granny Squares

There is an old -fashioned quilt block that I just love. It is called Courthouse Square.

It seems to have been revived as of late. But now, it appears to be known most commonly by the name "Granny Squares", because it reminds so many of us of the old crocheted afghan pattern that we all grew up with.

I had a mini-jelly roll hanging around and decided to transform it into a Granny Squares Quilt.

What do you think??
My bff loved it so much, that it is now living at her house!

5 comments:

  1. I like the setting with the large Granny in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us today.
     

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out really nice. I love the large block in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely! If I was your BFF, I would be thrilled to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my jelly roll cut and at first laid out just the regular granny squares, but I may play around with some other options now that I saw your design.

    ReplyDelete