Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brave....Moi??

Oh no no. Not at all.
As a matter of fact, never in the history of ....ever, have the words "That Rana Heredia, she is so brave", ever been uttered. Not even by small and frightened children.

No, I am more of a wimp and a whiner.
But, I am a whiner who likes to hang out by the river. With her feet in the water. And a good magazine. And iced tea. Lot's of iced tea.

But here's the rub....
In order to get to the water, you have to go down. See that rope?

Uh-huh. That's the way down.

To this beautiful and quiet spot. Where I wanted to sip tea and peruse articles written by Martha Stewart and her talented crew and watch the fish and ducks swim by.

So, it was with MUCH whining and wimping that me and Lula made it down to the bottom where we could enjoy our day by the water.
(And just to be clear, my guy carried Lula down. And he might have also carried my chair. And my iced tea. And a couple of magazines. And he may have even stood at the bottom and repeatedly yelled out things like: "Yes you can" "Come on" "You are fine" "You are taking forever, will you just get down here!" "I am drinking your tea and Lula already has her feet in the water"...)

And the way back up to the campsite....you guessed it.
Lucky for me going up is not nearly as scarey as going down!

And just so you don't think that I am such a big fat baby that I carry a stuffed animal around with me, I would like to remind you about the 2012 Sock Monkey Bingo game. "At the river" is one of the squares!

1 comment: