Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Books and Blooms

Queen Anne's lace grows like weeds around here, expect it's pretty. So I decided to picked a big bouquet of it for the dining room table.
The purple mum came from church last Sunday. Our pastor announced that he was passing out "Gar-zany-olas" to all of the mom's in honor of Mother's Day. But when we started laughing, he realized that he had made a mistake. Which flustered him. Which was even funnier. Then some sweet lady in the back row (my bff to be exact) helped him out with the real name, chrysanthemum. It is easy to see how he could confuse the two names, it probably happens all the time!


As for the "book" part of this post: I say let the summer reading begin! I am flying out to Spring Market this afternoon (will I see you there??) and this little book will be helping me pass the in-flight hours. And the lay-over hours. And whatever other hours may need to be passed.


It looks pretty funny. For example, there is a chapter called "Praying for Answers" and the very next chapter is called "Hello, Unexpected". Or how about "Getting organized" followed by "Sometimes the mice show up anyway". Yeah, I am thinking this is going to be a good book.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment