Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Garden

My garden had been quite the dud producer this year. It's just been too darn cool! It looks good, but there has been so little to harvest.

We did get a bumper crop of boysenberries. That was Fabulous!

We have had exactly 1 tomato. I'd show you a picture of that precious beauty but my guy ate it before I could photograph it! And I might add that the greedy little pig ate the whole thing himself! He didn't even leave me a drop of juice to wipe off the counter!! Grumble, grumble.

We are about to harvest our 2nd, that's right 2nd cucumber!

And this morning, the dew looked so pretty on the leaves. It was like art.



I've had 5 BEAUTIFUL gladiolas.

The potatoes are still growing.

And so are the sweet peas.

And I didn't even bother to plant green beans or tomatillos this year because it stayed so cool for so long. But, nature had a different plan!! These are volunteers.

Don't they look great!! I always grow the same heirloom beans (Kentucky Wonder) and tomatillos (Toma Verde) so I know exactly what I will get to harvest, if the growing season warms up and sticks around for a bit longer. (Like maybe a heat wave that started today and lasted until Halloween!)

How's your garden growing (or not, as the case may be)?

1 comment:

  1. wow! nice garden! We only planted potatoes... my very first time, so we'll see if it works.

    ReplyDelete