Wednesday, March 2, 2011

All God's Creatures

It is cold and gray and rainy here this morning.
But, when I opened the back door the air was filled with birdsong and chatter!

All the little creatures are out and about.

Having a little breakfast.

Seemingly unaffected by the weather.

Such a pretty sight on such a dreary day!

On another note...
How about that frightful creature called the leviathan?!
Job 41:9 says any hope of subduing him is false.
41:10- no one is fierce enough to rouse him.
41:18- his snorting throws out flashes of light
41:19- firebrands stream from his mouth
41:20- smoke pours from his nostrils
41:21- his breath sets coals ablaze
41:33- nothing on earth is his equal - a creature without fear

He's a scary dude, that leviathan!

But here's the part I really want to share with you. Because I think it is so funny.
41:5 can you make a pet of him like a bird or put a leash on him for your girls.

Put a leash on him for your girls! That is so hilarious to me. Probably because I raised two little girls. And we had leashes. Lots of them. For all the stuffed animals. And sometimes they would find their way onto the cat! I had to rescue that poor ol' cat on more than one occasion. It was her lot in life to love and be loved by a little girl. But here's the thing, God knows all about little girls and leashes!

And how about 41:8 if you lay a hand on him, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!

Never do that again! Also hilarious!

I know, it is probably just me and my weirdness. I am sure most of you read that with reverence and awe. But, sometimes I just think that God is funny. Now, please don't think I am completely irreverent. I'm not. Really. I promise I'm not. Honest....

Job 38-41 are some of my favorite passages, and I'll bet that you will enjoy them as well. To be able to see creation through the eyes of the Creator.. now that is awesome! Check it out.

And maybe later we will talk about some other funny verses.

1 comment: