Friday, March 26, 2010

In the studio and in the garden

Hello, again. It seems like forever since I have posted anything! And, when I opened blogger today, there were notes about ftp and migration, and changes and deadlines. Good grief. I have no idea what all of this is about, but I guess I will need to get on top of it soon, or else my little blog will be going bye-bye. If I disappear forever, you'll know it was just too much for my little brain to figure out!
But, never mind all of that for now, what has been happening here in the last week? Well, I have a little photo collage for you! So here goes:

This apron and gloves came in the mail. They are from the apron swap I joined. My dear friend Robin had my name. Isn't she talented! I have not started mine yet, but it is due in a couple of days, so I have to get going. My person asked for a cobbler-style apron with no ties or buttons of any kind, in a jungle theme. This has proven harder than you might think! But, procrastination must die at some point, and we are definitely at that point!



This is a finished ufo! I absolutely love it!! I think it may be the happiest quilt of all time!


This is the start of a birthday quilt for my little nephew, who is turning 2 tomorrow. At 10:30 am. We are probably gonna be late!!
And, do you see that little red new york beauty arc, well it is the only finished part of another one of my ufo's. So, it has been pressed into service here, and will soon be my 2nd finish for March. Hurray!


OUTSIDE:

The cherry trees blossomed.


The yellow lilac is getting ready to bloom.


The violets are bloomin'.


My First Happy Chappy (from Jackson and Perkins) bloom arrived!


The first iris blossom.


The hellebore are just about finished for the year.


The cyclamen are looking great.




The euryops are in full bloom.


The african daisies are blooming. These are tended by my guy, he loves them!


The vinca minor has bloomed.


The violas are getting bigger. Except for my favorite ones, they were eaten by bugs!



The raised beds are fully amended and the raspberries are looking healthy.


The azelea blossoms are beautiful, all 7 of them!


The asparagus bed is right on track, and looking just like the other 4 beds I have put in! I know, it is my special gift, asparagus gardener extraordinaire!



About 100 daffodil bulbs were dug for relocation.


The pergola is getting painted, and ready for Easter dinner. But, make no mistake, I have done NONE of this work myself. I am completely inept when it comes to painting. And, I am certainly no builder. So, thanks to my guy and my daughter and her boyfriend!!


Zombie has discovered that there is an endless supply of lizards in my very warm greenhouse. She has pretty much taken up residence there!


And finally, this little bird was seen taking a nap in the bird feeder. It is a nice safe place, Zombie-proof!!


What's been happening in your little corner of the world?

2 comments:

  1. Rana, This is my first visit to your blog. You're so inspiring! I want to make an apron, plant some flowers, clean the guest room, hug my daughter, look at baby pictures.... What a great beginning to this month of April!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self: paint pergola pieces before assembly. Surface area accumulates once assembled.

    ReplyDelete